Sunday, September 16, 2012

OLD STUFF (2007-2011)


I actually started out as a traditional Portrait Artist.  But once I started AAU, I just fell in love with Photoshop and that things that it could do.  From then on, it has become my chosen medium.  For these three portraits I just wanted to try a more painterly technique.  I actually really love the outcome.  Could have pushed it more, but I freaking love the effect.

 

With the help of references (which I finally started to convince myself that it wasn't evil lol!)  I started to feel a bit more comfortable with skin tones.  My Caricatures still weren't very good, but at least I tried. 


Wanting to learn as much as I could about blending and colors on Photoshop, I did several studies of Animals.  I have to admit...it really did help me improve in areas I need to work on.  Still far from excellent, but maybe one day :)


My first foray into the world of caricatures.  WoW did I suck or what?  By this time I still had so much trouble with skin tones.  Again, there was no other way but to just keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment